Current PositionsVisitor Services Representative
The Drumheller & District Chamber of Commerce on behalf of the Royal Tyrrell Museum is currently looking for enthusiastic, energetic and people-oriented individuals for the upcoming summer season. Build your resume and have a great working experience this summer!
Forward your resume with cover letter include position or positions you would like to be considered for, to:
Drumheller & District
Chamber of Commerce
P.O. Box 999
Drumheller, AB T0J 0Y0
Fax: (403) 823-4469
Visitor Services Representative - Team Leader Position
The Royal Tyrrell Museum of Palaeontology relies on motivated individuals who enjoy interacting with people and providing excellent customer service to visitors from around the world. Our Visitor Services team provides a quality visitor experience, ensuring the visitors’ first and last impression is memorable.
The Visitor Services Team Leader is responsible for taking a leadership role within the Visitor Services team to welcome, inform, and engage Museum visitors, while collecting admission and program fees. The Team Leader will also promote Museum services and address visitor questions about the Museum and surrounding area. This position also assists other front line areas within the Museum to ensure customers experience a safe and enjoyable visit. The Team Leader is also responsible for a variety of duties including assisting with training and supervising staff, dealing with customer service issues, opening and closing a shift, and reporting on the daily performance of the Visitor Services team.
• Ability to provide exceptional customer service
• Cash handling experience, with responsibility of opening and closing a cash till
• Experience with point-of-sale systems preferred
• Detail oriented and ability to problem solve
• Computer skills and willingness to learn new computer applications
• Strong communication skills, both written and oral
• Leadership experience and ability to develop good working relationships within a team
• Willingness to work in a fast-paced professional environment
• Outgoing and friendly nature
Term: Fulltime year-round; willingness to work weekends and general holidays on a rotational basis
Salary: Based on skill and experience
Deadline: October 2, 2015
We offer a wide range of amenities to make your visit more enjoyable.
Located 6 km from Drumheller, the Museum is nestled in the heart of the Canadian Badlands where fossil hunters have prospected for over a century.
Home to over 120,000 individual specimens we are one of the world’s premiere palaeontological research facilities.