Current PositionsPost Doctoral Fellowship
The Royal Tyrrell Museum’s mandate is to be an internationally recognized public and scientific museum.
The Royal Tyrrell Museum of Palaeontology is currently accepting applications for the Betsy Nicholls Post-Doctoral Fellowship position, sponsored by the Royal Tyrrell Museum Cooperating Society.
Deadline for applications is Friday, September 13, 2013.
How To Apply:
Interested individuals should email their curriculum vitae, a cover letter detailing their research plan, and names and contact information of three references no later than 4:30 p.m. on September 13, 2013 to:
Royal Tyrrell Museum Cooperating Society
Mail: P.O. Box 7500, Drumheller, AB T0J 0Y0
The successful candidate for this two-year position will:
• Undertake Alberta focused palaeontological research specific to the Late Cretaceous or Palaeocene.
• Undertake field work in support of research goals.
• Work in cooperation with members of the Royal Tyrrell Museum of Palaeontology research team.
• Contribute to exhibit and educational programs of the Museum.
• Publish scientific papers on the results of field work and research.
• Present research results at scientific meetings and other venues.
• Be able to work independently and demonstrate evidence of excellence in research.
• Be legally able to work in Canada.
• $50,000 salary
• Competitive benefit package
• Professional development and travel budget
For more information on research priorities at the Royal Tyrrell Museum of Palaeontology, contact:
Donald Brinkman, Ph.D.
Director, Preservation and Research
Please note that only candidates who are chosen for the next stage of this selection process will be contacted.
Located 6 km from Drumheller, the Museum is nestled in the heart of the Canadian Badlands where fossil hunters have prospected for over a century.
Become a fan, make comments, and share photos on our Facebook page.
Explore Alberta as it was 70 million years ago.