Current PositionsDistance Learning Educator
The Royal Tyrrell Museum is a world-renowned scientific facility that preserves, protects, and presents Alberta’s rich palaeontological history through dynamic exhibits and educational programs. With a fully equipped broadcast-style Distance Learning Studio located in its educational wing—the ATCO Tyrrell Learning Centre—the Museum is a Canadian leader in its delivery of interactive, media-rich videoconferencing programs to schools throughout Alberta, across North America, and beyond.
Royal Tyrrell Museum Cooperating Society
Distance Learning Educator
Working alongside a senior Distance Learning Educator, a unique year-round position is available for an enthusiastic educator who is well versed in technology. The Royal Tyrrell Museum Cooperating Society administers this position on behalf of the Museum.
- Enthusiastic on-camera delivery of live interactive videoconferencing presentations
- Operating the audio-visual technical station during presentations
- Communicating with registrants regarding booked programs
- Assisting in the creation of multimedia programming, including the development of associated pre and post educational materials
- May assist in the delivery of summer Education programs
- Experience with delivering interpretive programs either live, or on-camera, especially to students
- Strong organizational skills
- Technically proficient with Microsoft Office
- A minimum of one year post-secondary training with preference towards Science, Education, Communications, the Performing Arts or a related discipline
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Valid security check
- Experience using audiovisual equipment, e.g. camera, microphone, mixers
- Experience using videoconferencing hardware and/or software
- Experience using Flash and Photoshop within Adobe Creative Suite or other similar programs
- Knowledge of palaeontology or earth sciences
Resumes, including salary expectations, must be received by 4:30 p.m. April 11, 2013, sent to:
Angela Keibel, Royal Tyrrell Museum Cooperating Society
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Fax: 403-820-6288
For more information on Distance Learning Programming at the Royal Tyrrell Museum, please visit
Royal Tyrrell Museum | Programs | Distance Learning
We thank all applicants for applying, however, only those selected for interview will be contacted. Resumes without noting salary expectations will not be considered.
Salary to be determined based on qualifications and experience.
Teachers and students take a virtual trip to the Museum through award-winning videoconferencing programs.
Our Cooperating Society is a non-profit, charitable organization formed to help support our scientific, educational, and public operations.
It’s the insatiable curiosity of our scientists that drives the Museum.